Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One At A Time

Don't you see it now? I've been saying it for years but everyone said I was crazy. I mean, where did they go? Where?!

How can you start with two and so often end up with just one? And so often we'd keep the remaining one around, waiting to find the other. See? That was their plan. While one half was off, preparing, the remainder stayed. To keep watch, to spy.

Because they are linked, psychically. They are always aware of each other. And we never notice them.

How did they come about? Are they an alien race that has hidden itself amongst us? Or did they come about, some evolved fungal form? Doesn't matter now, does it? Because now you all see what they could do, what they were planning.

Look out the window. You see it. Fifty feet tall, smashing buildings, destroying our military forces. See that? That was a direct hit from that tank and that thing didn't slow down. Sure, a chunk of it blew off of it, spaying the small individuals into the air. But it is made up of millions of the things, operating as a single unit. They all communicate, a communal amorphous beast of death.

None of you saw, but I did. I didn't know exactly what they planned but I knew it was something. It just made no sense that they kept disappearing. There had to be a reason. And now we all now that they were going to secret lairs, gathering forces, learning to work together. And now we see that we are all going to die.

Why are they doing it? Maybe they hate us for disregarding them. For walking on them and tossing them aside. For misusing them. Oh, I'm guilty of it. Before I realized, I did... things with them. Because one was handy and I needed to... um... clean myself of.

They have seen the worse of us. If anyone has a right to judge us, it is them.

Do you see it now? Can't you smell it? My god, that smell!

How could you have not seen it? You go to the laundry with a pair and then there is just one. How did they escape? A secret passage in the dryer? I don't know. We'll never know.

Because, after decades of of disappearing one by one, the socks have returned to crush us.

No comments:

Post a Comment