Tuesday, June 16, 2009

WISHES

They sat on the beach, looking up at the night sky. The shooting star was bright and brilliant, glowing not only white but oranges and reds and blues.

“I know you aren't supposed to say it out loud but I want to tell you my wish,” he whispered into her ear as he took her hand. “But I already got my wish. To be with you, here tonight. To feel your touch and hear your voice. To be able to look into your eyes and feel so close with you. I couldn't dream of a better night. I can't wish for anything better.” He sighed and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

She stared back at him and then back at the sky and then back at him.

She sighed and spoke. “I fucking wish that wasn't a giant meteor about kill us all. I mean, jesus, you are such a sap.”

No comments:

Post a Comment